Sunday, April 5, 2015

Yas Island Abu Dhabi

I was scheduled for work in Lebanon and have to take flight from Kuala Lumpur with Etihad airways, transiting via Abu Dhabi.

Almost 4 years into my line of work, I have grew from love to hating long haul flights, it is indeed nightmare for me, living those gruesome moments in-flight with limited space of mobility, resulting a sore back and bottom. The piercing noise of a crying baby, the dryness within thin air that makes you want to get hydrated almost the whole time, sometimes bumpy rides that makes you jump ride up from your seat, and the almost coffin like in flight WC that feels somewhat awkward every time I uses it, having to see the line waiting in front of that limited no. of econ seats toilet, it felt like one have to pass through hurdles to get to do your business.

7 hours of journey has taken its toll on me, by the time the plane landed I was thoroughly worn out, a quick check on my watch and I know is all too late for my connecting flight, the plane has already departed, 'Great now is all shit now' I yelled.

However that delayed turns out to be quite a pleasant experience for me.

As this was the view I wake up at the next morning.... where alarm clocks are just too mainstream and you are waken up by the roaring sound of a 5 litre V8 engine, and enjoying breakfast by the pool side. Thanks to Etihad I was immediately check into Rotana Hotel in Yas Island, a luxury hotel where comfort is top priority.

The only setback was that I'm only with my carry on and I was in my pajamas since it was suppose to be a night flight. Hence some shopping was needed in Yas Island. which was quite an experience.

One could tell that the Emirates are not shy off showing displaying their wealth.





No comments:

Post a Comment